- Thank you Amber for calling me Thursday with no training to run Saturday
- Thank you Hubby and Everett for driving us up the mountain at 4 AM, to sneak Amber in the race without a number, sorry we couldn't find the start and had to sneak her on the bus anyway.
- Thank you sweater for keeping me warm during the ONE MILE walk to the starting line.
- Thank you Hubby for forgiving me when I lost your Ipod plug in the stampede.
- Thank you ground for catching my fall when I felt like I weighed 1000 lbs.
- Thank you Amber for peeing your pants laughing while I was enduring my embarrassing moment on the ground.
- Thank you TemeKula for letting me borrow your tiny earplugs even though they didn't fit. OOPS
- Thank you cheerleaders big and small for the encouragement along the way.
- Thank you cones for marking the way even if I wanted to knock you down at mile one.
- Thank you runners for your support and fun environment.
- Thank you Amber for pushing me so hard and not giving up on me even if I cursed you along the way.
- Thank you sprinkler systems for quenching my thirst.
- Thank you Gatorade- I mean medicine drink for boosting my electrolytes.
- Thank you stomach for holding in what I had until I CROSSED the finish line.
- Thank you family for being there at the finish line, seeing a familiar face was kind of emotional and made such a long run worth it.
- Thank you sales man for introducing me to your pills at such a convenient time. (NOT the PLACE or TIME to say ARE YOU TAKING YOUR VITAMINS?)
- Thank you grass for being so lush and inviting me to lay on you for a period of time until I could get it together.
- Thank you pain for taking over my body.. HMM
Thank you Hubby for catering to my weakness all weekend. XOXO
- My sister in-law Kiersten couldn't have said it any better, " I can do hard things... Hard things are rewarding, because they are HARD."
- GOOD JOB KIERST AND AMBER!!!
Wednesday, August 26, 2009
Hobble Creek Half Marathon
Posted by Lacee Curtis at 8:08 AM