Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Little Ballerina

The 'feminine woman' is forever static and childlike. She is like the ballerina in an old-fashioned music box, her unchanging features tiny and girlish, her voice tinkly, her body stuck on a pin, rotating in a spiral that will never grow.

My sweet little Meka is getting so big. She's at the age where she can make her own choices with out any help. I wanted TemeKula to take swimming or tennis lessons, but she chose to do dance. I'm happy that I let her decide, but it was only last year that I was able to make all the decisions for her. She's becoming her own little lady. I love watching her dance, she's so cute and innocent.

2 comments:

Megan said...

Oh my GOSH Lace,
Mek is growing up SO fast! I swear it was like what...YESTERDAY...that me, you, n' Nikki were dancing together! Sheesh! She's darling though, and you are such an amazing mom! Really Lace, I love ya so much, and look up to you for the great girl you are! MUah! xoxo!

Manette said...

That is so cute! I wish I had done dance when I was little. She looks to pretty in her little tutu.